PMDome® is a dynamic and practical project management workshop. During a challenging and lively competition, the teams must demonstrate superior project management performance in accordance with the proposed requirements and constraints.
The workshop does not requires previous experience in projects once the participant will be able to assimilate the basic concepts of project management and develop the product during the workshop.
The main project deliverable is a physical structure called Geodesic Dome, constructed from sheets of paper, to be planned, executed and controlled in real time using the Project Management Institute (PMI®) framework. PMI® the leading not-for-profit professional membership association for the project management profession.
What the teams will learn
The activities developed by the participants during the workshop focus on the main concepts of project management, including:
- decomposition and organization of tasks in terms of deliverables and work packages;
- responsibility assigning to the work packages;
- the development of the project schedule and budgets based on the work packages.
Scope of the workshop
Number of participants
Recommended minimum of 80 attendees
Project managers, project team members, sponsors and others stakeholders interested in the project management process.
None. It’s not necessary any prior knowledge in projects.
English and Portuguese
Provided by the contractor, it can be worldwide performed. But the venue will be checked to be sure that the minimum requirements are fulfilled.
Number of PDU Provided
8 PDUs Professional Development Units (PDUs) are the measuring units issued by the Project Management Institute for the credential holders.
- Workshop opening
- Module I - PMDome ® Workshop Introduction and Rules
- Module II - Geodesic Dome and PMDome® Project
- Module III – Teams Development and PM Determination
- Module IV - Statement of Work and Instructions for Assembly
- Module V – Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Resource Allocation
- Module VI - Schedule Development
- Module VII - Project Budget Development
- Module VIII - Project Risk Management
- Module IX - Procurement
- Module X - PMDome® Project Execution
- Module XI - PMDome ® Project Closing
- Final conclusions and closure
Supported standards and methodologies
Project Management Institute (PMI)
- PMBOK® Guide
- PMI Practice Standard for Estimating
- PMI Practice Standard for Risk Management
- PMI Practice Standard for Work Breakdown Structure
- PMI Practice Standard for Scheduling
Axelos / UK Office of Government Commerce (OGC)
- PRINCE2 (Projects in Controlled Environments)